AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lumpy yard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/23/2014 17:41 (#3982583 - in reply to #3982240)
Subject: RE: Lumpy yard

central - east central Minnesota -

renegade17 - 7/23/2014 12:58 My lawn has terrible lumps. They are only about golf ball size and can't be seen through the grass. I've got a push mower and the wheels barely touch the ground because it bounces so much. Last year I took a vibrating plate packer over the whole thing and it helped, but this year they are back. I'm thinking they are earthworms bringing up dirt, but I just can't believe I have that many worms since it is every square foot of my yard. Anyone have any opinions or solutions?

Yes, likely night crawlers . . ..  .. There can be hundreds of worms in a sq ft, so it's very possible you have that many.
I'd suggest no-tilling (to save the worms) some corn in that lawn area . .. . should be record breaking. I have many earth worms and night crawlers in my lawn and they bring up dirt - but, I have a riding mower so I don't notice the roughness. I would rather have the roughness then kill them with insecticide - I vote, put up with them - you'll have a very healthy lawn (or no-tilled corn field, in place of your lawn).   ( ~ ;

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)