AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ETOH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/23/2014 13:19 (#3982272 - in reply to #3982257)
Subject: Destinaion ethanol model not looking so bad...

No doubt that some of the destination ethanol plants had a tough row to hoe there for awhile but are now looking up.  Pacific.. http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=PEIX+Interactive#symbol=PEIX;range=2y which I hesitate to endorse.. I've played around with it and didn't like how they diluted their stock.. but golly wish I still owned it today..   I owned it a couple of months ago at like.. $1.35'ish.. and it's trading at $18.60'ish.. up over 300% since the start of 2013..

Anywho.. I believe there is a place for both origination as well as destination plants.. Pacific's plants in Cali sit in the heart of the Nation's largest milking herds so has bookoo demand for distillers.. as well as motor fuels.

Furthermore, we can ship ethanol in tankers.. OR ship CORN in covered hoppers.. which allows a little more flexibility (when you can get them..)  Trinity down in Texas has been cranking out the Cars.. and Warren Buffet has been buying them.. so.. When BNSF get's their track expansions done.. ???  Things should smooth out a little more.

All in all.. since we started talking about all of this.. when back in 2001'ish... it's been a good run and Frankly a good call.  We have arrived at the point I envisioned over a decade ago.. when Corn based ethanol was going to work all on it's own.. Without subsidies.. which today.. is true.

.. It was not an easy path.. and for some.. regrettably it didn't work out.. but golly where would we be today without ethanol?

The US is rapidly entering the world markets as a low cost energy supplier and ethanol is leading the way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)