AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calf with Navel Infection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

grainbinder
Posted 7/23/2014 12:43 (#3982210 - in reply to #3981942)
Subject: RE: Calf with Navel Infection

western WI
AdamOH - 7/23/2014 09:35

We have a Holstein calf that has a navel infection and has his front knee swelled up, the vet started the calf on nulfor for a week and now switched the calf to draxxin for another week. The calf is almost a month old and hasn’t shown much improvement, he gets up and has a great appetite and looks healthy other than his one knee that is swollen and won’t put any weight on. How long does a navel infection take to clear up? Is there anything that we can do for the calf to help him start putting weight on the leg again, will this come with time, or will he stay a three legged gimp? Thanks
We have a beef calf with it right now. Noticed it 9 days ago and that night I thought it wouldn't make it to the next morning. The calf is sucking its mom and the mom is very protective. I jumped right on the penicillian program and did 4 days in a row, once per day plus a red bolus down the throat. The calf is hard to catch now, need to give it a shot right now, been 2 days again. I do 10 cc's. Last year we had one, but it was orpahned.....was near death, came back nice, then died a month later, but was not getting regular penicilian.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)