AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rant about McDonalds if you must, but......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 7/22/2014 23:52 (#3981490)
Subject: Rant about McDonalds if you must, but......

....I'm going to tell a good story if you wish to hear it with an open mind.

We just finished combining grass and started wheat. Farm buys meals when in the field harvesting, planting, or whatever. Usually we go with subway or sandwiches from local sandwich shops etc. or pizza. Occasionally McDonalds when we want milkshakes or something. We have a McDonalds 3/4 mile from the farm.

We got some rain this morning which usually stops combining for the day. About noon the sun come out and the breeze started. So about 3 or a little after, I called the boss and said we should take a moisture sample and see if we can run. We did and it was 12 percent. So I grabbed my cooler with water and started in, boss got the truck. Later he asks what I wanted for dinner. I said something quick and easy as we would not be running late with the clouds rolling back in and the straw getting tough.

So he run thru McDs drive thru and stopped at the farm to pickup his girl friend. Got the field and discovered there were no straws in the bags for the drinks. No problem, I'm a big boy now and can drink out of the cup all by myself...........................most of the time anyway. So I just kept running. Bosses gf has some interesting career history, maybe some involving efficiency troubleshooting and stuff. So she gets on her smart phone and calls the local McDs. Tells the manager to give a reminder to the order assembly crew about straws. Manager asks where we are at. She tell her and in less than 2 minutes the manager personally delivered the straws, coupons for free food and her personal apology. 

Now this is no struggling McDs. I would not be surprised if it is in the top 100 or so in the chain. The manager very well could have just said "I so sorry. Come again. Bye bye". But she did not. Pretty darn good service I thought. I'm pretty sure we will be having McDs a couple more times before harvest is over.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)