AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?on cash rent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Case IH farmer
Posted 7/22/2014 23:33 (#3981478 - in reply to #3981475)
Subject: RE: here's how

IL
GrainTrader - 7/22/2014 20:30

I've learned the error of my ways Ty... negotiate, price compare, and negotiate again. Apples for $100 and oranges for $100 is not the same. But apples for $100 and apples for $150.... u tell me what your gonna buy...

If your seed dealer will not play ball get a new seed dealer... simple as that. Folks who are "married" to a dealer usually Dont get the best deal

My old dealer text me this week trying to get me to reorder from him. I told him what I would pay. He said he couldn't do if for that price. I told him to quit inviting me to dinners/field days and all that crap. Quit buying me hats/jackets and all that. Take it off my seed bill. He tried to explain to me that he couldn't do that.... about 2 hours later I had a deal worked out elsewhere...

I'd like to know what kind of seed you are getting and what kind of volume you are talking about. I can get 30-40 bags of stuff half priced from dealers wanting to get me to plant their brand but no way can I get that kind of deal for all my acres.

I also won't plant seed just because it is "cheap". You can plant something thats free and if it loses by 30 bpa it costs you more than $300 a bag corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)