AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fm1000 in Steiger 335 no communication with autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 7/22/2014 18:29 (#3980818)
Subject: fm1000 in Steiger 335 no communication with autopilot

Paxton, IL
I got my FM1000 installed in my new-to-me Steiger 335 today. Fired it up, and had no communication between the display and the autopilot controller. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Installed FM1000 as normal (using the FM1000 GPS). have port replicator cable plugged into port C running up to the GPS bracket and pinned up a connector to plug into the Port A connector that would normally go to a 372 receiver. Note that I'm not using cable #67120. I didn't have that cable on hand and had plenty of length out of the port replicator cable to get the job done. So I just put a different connector on it. I'm 95% sure I got it pinned correctly, but if I had to bet right now, that's probably where my problem is.

Have a Trimble Nav II hooked up under the buddy seat. (same Nav and display talked to each other in a different tractor before)

Key was on, auto guidance disable switch on the A-post isn't switched on (meaning it should enable guidance).

The tractor also has a Pro 600 in it for controlling our 1200 planter. Is there anything I need to unhook to let the guidance run off of the FM1000 instead of the Pro 600?

Anything else I'm missing or should check? I'll probably check out my cable running up to the roof tomorrow to make sure it's right.

Edited by mdnelson86 7/22/2014 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)