AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Control 3 section hardi Ranger wtih Raven 440
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/23/2014 06:39 (#3981647 - in reply to #3981466)
Subject: RE: Control 3 section hardi Ranger wtih Raven 440

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Fleck21 - 7/22/2014 22:23

I could be incorrect but I doubt that will work. the hardi has 3 way section valves, so the product is bypassed to the tank when sections shut off which means the servo doesn't need to adjust to change product flow since width has changed. I have never noticed an option for disregarding section widths switches. I guess you could set the entire boom length under one section on the raven to control, and control the sections independently. I'm pretty sure most hardi's are an inline servo on the bypass line. some may be a pump servo config though.

As I recall Raven had a model that had extra programming available for the Hardi setup with the bypass section valves. In the initial setup, the operator had the choice of using the regular programming or this special programming for the Hardi situation. Essentially, the calculation "proportionately reduces" the flow mathematically so the amount returning to the tank is disregarded as far as applied rate, total applied etc.

As a simple example, if you had a two section Hardi sprayer with equal boom sections, the system will only use half of the flow indicated by the flowmeter when one section is off. It will use none of the flow indicated by the flowmeter when both sections are off.

Ag Leader has this as an option in their Direct Command Liquid setup. They refer to this concept as "calbirated reflow"

Some years ago, Micro-Trak had a console that handled this type of situation in another way. That system was able to use more than one flowmeter. You could have a second flowmeter in another location such as a return line. The net flow used for computations could be the difference between the two.

Another choice was to use the second flowmeter in the fill line. The display could temporarily be used in a different mode when filling the sprayer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)