AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foscam IP camera--wireless hot spot setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Bret (OH)
Posted 7/23/2014 08:21 (#3981839 - in reply to #3976935)
Subject: RE: Foscam IP camera--wireless hot spot setup

Blanchester, OH
I set up my Foscam IP Cameras using Blue Iris on my computer as the video software then used IP Cam Viewer Lite (by Robert Chou) to access my computer over the internet. Worked pretty well. With this setup you would need a router at the camera site to communicate with the wireless cameras and feed that signal into Blue Iris on the puter, then an internet device like a wireless air card or maybe your hot spot to get access to the internet. Then you can access the Blue Iris to look at live video on your cell phone or maybe a tablet.
This works pretty well unless the cameras decide to reset their ip address and then you have to go into the Foscam software on the puter to reset the address again. I never did figure out how to make them (the cameras) have a constantly maintainable static communication link with the router/puter. In other words, the system was not 100% reliable, but then I'm no "geek" so maybe I was just not setting things up well. Also, if their was a power outage then everything needed reset to work properly again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)