AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader imp switch operation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/19/2014 06:11 (#3975157 - in reply to #3974373)
Subject: RE: Agleader imp switch operation

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have done this many times with various planters. The switches must be wired in parallel and operate with the same polarity. The wire in Pin A of the implement switch connector supplies 12V out to an implement switch or switches. So this wire splits as many times as necessary to supply each switch with 12V from the module. The other side of the implement switches are tied together and eventually attach to Pin B of the implement switch connector. In this way, any switch can complete the circuit. That way if one of the units should happen to fall into a hole, the other switch would still be completing the circuit and planting would continue

On my own planter I have a Deere button contact switch on the left side of the planter, another on the right and a third branch leading to the tractor. The Deere button switches are designed so that when the planter is down the button is released and contact is made (the switch is a normally closed type). The branch leading to the tractor has a lighted rocker switch.

The switch in the tractor is normally in the OFF position, so the two implement switches on the planter are controlling the situation. The light in the rocker switch on the tractor will allow me to observe the action of the planter implement switches as the light will go on/off based on the planter switches even though the switch in the tractor is off. I can flip the switch in the tractor to the ON position for testing with planter in the up position or other unusual situations. It is not used very often. Since these implement switches also control the spray system on my planter, I can check the spray in the UP position by using this switch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)