AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/18/2014 06:15 (#3973831 - in reply to #3973765)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader implement switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I need to make some assumptions. I assume that since you have clutches you must have the Clutch Control Module. You also need the CAN switchbox or some type of Ag Leader switchbox and an Auxiliary input module. If you have other modules such as a Population module, the situation is more complex.

Assuming that the Clutch module is being used, the implement switch needs to be connected to it. The switch absolutely positively needs to complete the circuit when the planter is in the planting position. You cannot change this via programming. Different switches can be used. Some Ag Leader switches have two sets of connectors. One will be normally closed and the other normally open. You pick the one that completes the circuit when the planter is in planting position.

The configuration needs to include all the facts about the planter and that you are using clutches. The coverage mapping will follow the action of the clutches.

You state "If I raise the planter and turn where it is not planted my clutches will not engage when I try to plant that area". If the planter is in fact UP, then the clutches should not engage. If you lower the planter then the ground drive and the clutches should engage.

I'm not confident that I know all the facts of your setup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)