AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Epson printer problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/14/2014 16:50 (#3967864)
Subject: Epson printer problem

West Union, Illinois
I think I know the best solution, but thought I'd get other's opinions. i have an Epson Workforce 520 all-in-one printer. It's been a good printer, left it at Mom's for her to use and we used it for the shop. It started a quirky print problem. It's like the paper is advancing incorrectly. An inkjet prints a line, then advances the paper and prints a new line. It's like it is advancing the paper too far between print head passes. If you raise the lid and hit print instead of a black paper you get a white paper with regularly spaced black lines.

I talked to an Epson rep who was obviously following a script that said first do a nozzle check and head cleaning. When he found the magenta cartridge was empty he was convinced that was the problem. When he found out none of the carts were OEM his solution became replace it. The non-OEM ink cartridges had obviously ruined the print head.

It looks like my choices are buy new cartridges and see if that fixes it, or just cut my losses and buy a new printer.

What does anyone think? And if you were buying a new multi function for light use what would it be? I have 2 HP's, a Brother laser, and and old Lexmark that is my Energizer bunny printer .. it just keeps going and going. Both HP's were replaced under warranty. Speaks high of the warranty but poorly for reliability. I really liked this Epson until it did this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)