AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does Internet Through Satellite Slow Down With A Lot OF Users? Frustrated With Cell Phone Internet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

bdmb
Posted 7/12/2014 22:20 (#3965024 - in reply to #3958448)
Subject: RE: Does Internet Through Satellite Slow Down With A Lot OF Users? Frustrated With Cell Phone Intern

Okay, just switched to xplornet. They say that if you use too much internet based on your plan it slows to a crawl. Gonna find out.. 2 things--- no electricity no internet, storms-- lost my internet lots during the last round of monsoons. Also xplornet is based in St.Johns, Newfoundland (I believe) so when they are getting hammered by a storm, no internet..When Arther rolled through an actual person phoned to say I might lose internet service. Now!! The little icon in the tray says I'm at 400 Mbps, while on dial up it said 26.4 kbps. I am doing alot of Utube that these guys linked to over the years. And banking is a breeze. I tried them sticks, nothing worked, could not download data MTS said to much bush. Rogers said they can't help cause they use same towers as MTS. Tried rionet, they have a tower 8 miles from me, nope to much bush. So I'll do my banking and NAT before a storm then just go to sleep..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)