AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tire explodes and kills worker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 6/24/2014 23:42 (#3936259 - in reply to #3935400)
Subject: RE: Tire explodes and kills worker

Wi

Takn4aFool - 6/24/2014 16:22 i was getting a truck tire fixed at a repair shop that was in the cage and being aired up with a clip on chuck when it started to snap and pop, the guy doing it started running outside as he was yelling for everyone to run for their life. the shop must have had a outside air shut off because he got it stopped before it blew. i never saw so many people scatter so fast.

Zipper ruptures are no joke, they have been the cause of many fatalities.

I'd be curious to hear the details of what this guy actually did. Sad story either way though.

Theres a lot of safety rules for tires that many people simply don't know, or don't car about.  Accident's are fairly rare, but often fatal or cause permanent injury.

There is a reason certain Pressures should not be exceeded to seat the beads. Most tires this is 30-45psi. Tire cages are reccommended, at a minimum though a clip on chuck with remote gauge and shutoff is the best investment you can make. Then make sure to never stand "in front" of the tire (facing beads). Listen, if you hear snap crackle pop, shut air off and get out of there just like the guy in your story did.

Most of all, don't be cheap. If a tire needs to be replaced, replace the damn thing. Tube's are not the end to all, and 400 ATV patched to "just get by" is not the answer in the long run. If you can't afford to fix it right, don't fix it at all. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)