AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Plant clean sweep row cleaners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 4/29/2014 07:59 (#3843206 - in reply to #3843004)
Subject: RE: Precision Plant clean sweep row cleaners

SESD
Your problem is why I'm not sure which way to go on the next planter. Have fixed dawns now. Love them except for the time it takes to change for different field conditions. I always wonder how a planter with every cleaner with the same air or hydraulic pressure does in no till conditions where you can have very heavy residue to no residue to soft conditions to a pile here or there. The fixed always try to clean to a certain height compared to the seed disks. If there is no residue, they don't really do anything. If there is a dirt pile from a badger or a pile of residue from plugging head they will just plow right through. If 3 rows have the residue blown from them and the rest are running in heavy residue, the 3 won't do anything and the rest will plow the residue out of there and leave the dirt exposed just right. Maybe I'm not sure exactly how these others work, but listening to the other posters, it sounds like you are setting that bottom(like a fixed) and then just deciding how much pressure you would like to use to keep it there. I don't want pressure to keep it there, I want to keep it there regardless for the most part.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)