AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bar (tractor tread) tires for drive wheels on planter-help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 4/24/2014 18:28 (#3834392 - in reply to #3834247)
Subject: RE: Bar (tractor tread) tires for drive wheels on planter-help

Wi

ollieolliver - 4/24/2014 16:54 To make a long story short, my planter's drive wheels have a tendency to slip when planting (it's a Case IH 900 semi mount). I have seen where others have mounted bar tires on the drive wheels of these and even newer Case IH planters to help get a good grip. I called my tire dealer and he said he could not even find any for the tire size on my planter (9.5-14). Does anyone know where to find these tires, and if I have to go to a different size or something? I know they are out there because I have personally seen them on a few other planters. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Thats a tough size to find, looking at Carlisle, Titan and Firestone catalogs I don't see anything. lots of other off brands to choose from.

If you want to change sizes here are a few I found that have a similar 29-31" diameter as the 9.5L-14.  I found load carrying specs for 9.5L-14 L1 implement tires to be 1900-2400lbs.

Both of these are Firestone offerings, if you have time you can look through other OEM's catalogs as well to try and find something.

340-529: Power Implement L-3. 7.60-15. Narrower than what you have and lower load capacity of only 1760lbs. unless thats enough for you.

362-190: Turf Stubble Stomper. 31x13.5-15. Much wider than what you have but 3080lbs load carrying capacity. more of a turf tread than bar tread though like the L3s above.

If you are more flexible on diameter you may have more options as well.  If you can find some in the size you have now, compare the price to swapping rims and going with something more common. May be cheaper in the long run not to mention having more availability is nice as well. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)