AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this a scam?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Douglass ks
Posted 4/24/2014 07:53 (#3833445)
Subject: Is this a scam?

Douglass Kansas
Someone asked about some hay that I have for sale by email and they said that they wanted it and were sending money for it, but the money has not come and they gave me a tracking # that says a package was mailed from Califorina and delevired to someone in my town of Douglass, Ks. Once I get the payment I am told to wire some of the money to a trucker that is located in Connecticut, which I will not do even if I did revieve payment. I have told the buyer to call me but they don't. They did text me once, so I called that number and no one answered, and I was able to find out it is a Google phone. They do not want a full load and their trucker will be in the area to get a horse as well. What kind of a trailer would they use to haul both the hay and horse, these are 3x3x8 bales? If they did send me a check would there be any harm in deposting it or cashing it? If it is a scam how does it work?
Emails between the two of us listed below.

[email protected]
To [email protected]
Apr 5

Hello There,

I just got your contact from the site... I want to know if you still have hay for sale? I'll be waiting to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Me
To [email protected]
Apr 6
This is what is still available;
First cutting alfalfa 45 bales 3x3x8 about 18 tons, rfv 143, protein 18.63, some marestail and wheat straw, $125/ton
Second cutting alfalfa 9 bales-3x3x8 about 3.5 tons, rfv 141, protein 19.47, weed and grass free, $125/ton
Thrid cutting alfalfa 35 bales-3x3x8 about 14 tons, rfv 188, protein 21.64, weed and grass free, very green and leafy, $180/ton
All of this hay was put up without being rained on, and is being stored in a shed. 316-305-0093
about 35.5 tons total

[email protected]
To Me
Apr 7

Thanks for your prompt response to my email. I will like to know the cost of hay of bales for the available hay worth of $800. I would prefer if it's a square bale but I don't mind if you have round as well.

Furthermore, I will like to let you know that I'll also be responsible for the pickup at your location because I have a horse to pickup as well. I have a hauler who will be coming to your end for pickup as soon as the payment has been made and confirmed. I will be making the payment via bank certified check. So let me know if you will be able to do this and Get back to me with the below information:

Full Names to be on the check:
Full Address (No. Po Box please):
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone numbers:

In addition, I will need the hay supply soon, so i will inform my accounting officer to make payment as soon as i hear from you because we're running out of hay supply, then I might not be able to pay full attention to this transaction right now because I'm extremely busy with other assignment as i have just started the barn after my late husband passed away so we really need to get stock to the barn and I have other indispensable transactions to attend. I really can't predict what it would look like in the coming few days but I believe I can handle this whole transaction to you and my hauler. I'll be making a dual payment, in which the payment will cover the fund for the hay and little part of the pickup for the hauler to come to your location for pickup. I hope to have a long term business relationship with you. I look forward to reading from you soon and do have fun and a day full for pleasantries.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Regards

Lori Foss

Me
To [email protected]
Apr 7
The third cutting is $75/bale and the first and second is $50/bale so $800 would buy 10 ($750) of the third or 16 of the first and second.
Name to be on check is Kevin ---------- address that hay is at and phone # are below

Kevin _______
####SW Road
Douglass, Kansas 67039
cell 316-305-####
[email protected]

[email protected]
To Me
Apr 8

OK Its good to hear back from you and i will be willing to transact business with you. Your price for the hay are good with me and i want you to know the bales is perfect for that price. So i'll be mailing out a dual check to you which will include your payment and my hauler who will be coming to have the bales picked up for me as soon as you have it ready and intact for pick up. You will have to cash/deposit the check and the remaining balance will be transferred over to my hauler prior their arrival to come over for the hay bales. Please let me know if you are okay with this and give me a confirmation to proceed so my associate can mail out the payment over to you... Please i'll be waiting to hear back from you as soon as possible. Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Me
To [email protected]
Apr 8
Please call me at 316-305-#### between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm central standard time.

[email protected]
To Me
Apr 18 at 2:35 PM

Hello... Good Day and i hope you have been doing great, Am really sorry for my late response about the payment of the hay bales i ordered from your farm. Please i had some issue i really have to take care... But everything is fine now.. I want you to know your payment has been mailed out and you will get it delivered to you latest on Monday... It was mailed out via USPS Courier service. Please i want you to keep me appraised as soon as you have the payment with you... The enclosed package in the mail is the exact amount of $1,950.00 Take Good care of yourself and i will be waiting to hear from you soon.
[email protected]
To Me
Apr 22 at 4:05 AM

The payment has been confirmed delivered to your doorstep with the USPS tracking I provided. Please process the check quickly because I'm dire in need of the supplies and I'm almost out of livestock. Well, I am thinking of getting more hay, help me bale $800 worth of hay. The exact amount on the check is $1,950 I want you to get the check processed and deduct the money accrued to you and wire exactly $1,000 to the hauler via Western Union Money Transfer. Below is the hauler's MoneyGram information:

Full Name: Kristine Lamb
Address: 62, Liberty St
City: Madison
State: Connecticut
Zip Code: 06443

I will be looking forward to the below information:

Money Transfer Control Number:
Sender's Name:
Sender's Address:
Exact Amount Sent:

As soon as I have this information. I will forward it to the hauler to start coming over to you as soon as possible for pickup.
Have a great day.

Me
To [email protected]
Apr 22 at 8:27 PM
I have not recieved anything in the mail from you.
Where will the hay be going?
When do you expect the trucker to be at my place to pick it up?
How many bales are you wanting?
I have sold the 2nd and 3rd cutting so all I have left is 45 bales of the first cutting.

The wording that you have written your emails with along with the fact that you will not call me like I asked, you do not answer your phone and the fact that it is an internet phone makes me think that this is a scam.

[email protected]
To Me
Apr 23 at 7:56 AM

Hello... Here is your tracking number provided by USPS 9405503699300275089082 for the package and the enclosed amount in the mail is $1,950.. I want the cutting worth of $800 and my hauler will be coming for pick up as soon as payment has been cleared and you have the remaining balance sent off to them as instructed in my previous email.. Please i want you to confirm the mail and get back to me as soon as you have the check in your possession.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)