AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about space travel.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WTXCottonguy
Posted 4/23/2014 23:21 (#3833120)
Subject: Questions about space travel.

Lorenzo, tx
Im not an aerospace engineer or an astrophysicist but am very interested in space, astronauts all that business. A big goal is to get to mars right? But the big problem is our current spacecrafts are to slow and it would take months to get there. The space shuttle cruises about 17000 and I know the saturn 5 were closer to 22000? So is there a limit as to how fast a rocket could go in space? Why cant we launch several unused stages over several launches into orbit then assemble a massive rocket in orbit at that 17000 mph then use a combo of earth gravity and speed already built up and launch this massive rocket from orbit in theory with no resistance the top speed would only be limited by the amount of fuel you have to burn? Or do you have to build that speed before your in space? is it possible to accelerate in space? How long would it take to get to mars if you could go 100,000mph? I guess you would need a way to slow down or you would burn up or skip off once you got there. Can someone educate me a little more? It seems to me a little more...imagination is needed here ha.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)