AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

which ipad to buy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 4/23/2014 21:55 (#3832948 - in reply to #3832212)
Subject: RE: which ipad to buy

NEND
Like Paul said, decide on physical size first, the Mini and bigger one have the same specs performance-wise. Do you have a case for your iPad 2 that you might want to use on your new one? If you have one that encloses the iPad 2, the case will fit on the iPad Retina Display (4th Generation), not on the newst iPad Air.
After you decide on size, decide on cellular capability or not, can't add that later. I need it for FieldView. If you ever want to use it away from Wifi, you'll need that. If you can use your phone as a Wifi hot spot, maybe you don't need it, your call.
Storage capability - do you have any music? If so how much? I have about 3,000 songs on mine, takes up about 17gb. Do you want to store a bunch of pictures on it? You can look at the size of photo library that you want to put on it and see how much room that would take. Movies take up 1 to 1-1/2 gb each. What I'm getting at is if you don't have much of those three things to put on one, you don't need a huge amount of storage. 64gb is quite a bit even if you have quite a bit of each thing I mentioned.
Consider a refurbished one, we've purchased many Apple products that way, haven't had a problem. They come with a new warranty. I just bought a refurbished iPad 4th Generation. I had an iPad 2 and I wanted to re-use my OtterBox case, which fit on the iPad 4, the newest one (iPad Air) is slightly thinner so the case wouldn't have fit. I did some research on the performance of the 4th Gen vs. the Air, there was very little difference. There are some comparisons on YouTube.
Bottom line is, you can say get the latest one, get a little more memory so you don't run out, and you can get cellular capability for a hundred bucks each or so, and if you figure you're going to need/utilize those options, fine. The way I figure, I'm probably going to want a new one in 3 or 4 years no matter what I get, so I try and get what think I will need for a few years. I bought one with 128gb of memory and cellular data, but got the model that's one away from current and for a refurbished one to save some money ($689 4th Gen vs. $929 Air)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)