AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm lease question???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/23/2014 16:29 (#3832325 - in reply to #3832209)
Subject: RE: Should be able to get all Fert dollars back ~

central - east central Minnesota -

Buck S - 4/23/2014 14:38 Hey guys, From my understanding of what some of you have posted here before if you are in Iowa and you are renting a piece of ground and you DO NOT get a letter from the landlord that you will not be running the farm next year by SEPT 1 it is still in your legal right to run that farm for the following year. Correct or not?? I recently heard of a situation up here where a guy in MN fertilized a couple hundred acres for corn last fall, and spent big money. Then just a few weeks ago he was told by his landlord that someone else will be running the land now. Apparently he is out all the money for the fertilizer.

Just wondering if that is legal in MN or if that tennant should have been given some type of timely notice that someone else is running the farm. Seems pretty shallow to me that a guy would let you put on all the fertilizer and then have it rented away from him. Seems that would allow the following tennant to up his bid since he doesnt have to pay for fertilizer. Anyone know the rules in MN??

The former land Renter will get all his fertilizer dollars back and likely attorney/court costs . . . .

Unforturnently - know of a couple examples, where landowner told tenant he was done farm his land, fertilizer (supposedly) was applied anyway, after notice and tenant took landowner to court to get fertilizer dollars back. Tenant hasn't lost a case yet. It was reported, this tenant would get fertilizer spreader from supplier, say it's for such and such land and written on load out receipt and set the rate way, way, way, (almost off), spread the field, then take the remaining to his land and spread at normal called for rates. Landowners haven't proven he didn't spread such fertilizer and amounts -yet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)