AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I wasting time praying this way?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nor-C-Ore-Drylander
Posted 4/23/2014 00:55 (#3831266 - in reply to #3830528)
Subject: RE: am I wasting time praying this way?

North Central Oregon
P - Praise. Give Thanks to God for the blessings and gifts He has given.
R - Repent. Ask forgiveness for that which has come between you and God.
A - Ask - place before the Throne your requests.
Y - Yield - God, thy will be done, what do you want me to know, where would you have me go, what would you have me do. Stop, be silent, listen for God's direction.

As far as asking we are told to ask. Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

God wants a relationship with us, and the first rule to any good relationship is open honest communication. Look at David, he let God know he was frustrated, even mad at Him in some of his prayers. He let God know what was on his heart and let His request be made known. Pretty Bold. Honest communication. In 1st Samuel 13:14 God himself calls David a Man after His own Heart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)