AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I wasting time praying this way?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 4/23/2014 00:28 (#3831259 - in reply to #3831122)
Subject: RE: am I wasting time praying this way?

Well said Raquel, and I agree. Tonight I attended a Mass, including a rosary and benediction for a recently deceased friend. The funeral was a full house yesterday. Probably only a couple dozen folks attended tonight, and half of them family.

Seems backwards to me to have a rosary after the funeral, but the Holy Week/Easter schedule made it so as there are no funeral services held during that time period. The Easter Monday schedule for the funeral worked out better anyway for distant family members who came home for Easter and to attend the funeral and then had to get back home again.

I don't particularly care for the rosary as an individual prayer to pray all by myself. I think it is very appropriate in group situations like tonight. Dad prayed a rosary most every day of his life. I admit I don't have the self discipline to do that.

To those who don't care for repetitous prayers, the rosary is probably not for you. I consider the repetitiousness of it to be an advantage in a group because everyone has and knows their part.

Dad would do it on his own but very often led the rosary as a family prayer. We would all kneel around the bed with my little sister on the bed. Dad would lead. Mom and I would do the response. He would also lead a rosary while we were going somewhere in the car. Often prayed the rosary on his own out in the field on the tractor too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)