AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I wasting time praying this way?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowegian
Posted 4/22/2014 21:40 (#3830995 - in reply to #3830797)
Subject: RE: am I wasting time praying this way?

+1 - I do not like to participate in group prayers that are the same every time for this very reason. When you keep on repeating the Lord's prayer it becomes meaningless and is the very thing that Jesus taught against. Start a prayer by giving glory to the Father for who He is. Pray for the Kingdom promised to come....easy to do today as we merely have to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Pray for those who have wronged you and ask for forgiveness for those you have recently wronged. Ask God for the strength to makes those wrongs of yours, right, in the sight of God. Pray for what ever daily needs we have and pray for the daily needs of those who are close to you and who God put into your life. Ask God if there is some way you can help those who are His and are in your life. Ask for help in those areas of your life you have struggles with sin. Close your prayer by exalting Him for who He is today, tomorrow and forever.

Pray this way and you have learned well from the Master, Jesus, and now you have a relationship with the Creator God of the universe who wants nothing more than you to be His son or daughter.

Think of it this way.....how would you like it if your son or daughter repeated the same thing every day to you and nothing else. Not much of a relationship is it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)