AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Postal Serivice by the numbers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 4/23/2014 05:34 (#3831339 - in reply to #3831065)
Subject: RE: Postal Serivice by the numbers

Chebanse, IL.....

I don't believe I said I was average, nor did I suggest you should be either. If you or any of your family members visit only 3-4 x annually, then I'd agree you could do without a PO altogether.

So, you want to move the building 1+ hr (rd trip) away. Sally can then go there on her lunch hour? Or try to get there after work & then come back home? We use USPS to mail pkgs & pay via cc, etc.. I too wish most of the rural type POs had 1 more staff so they could stay open during lunch hours as they were (here) once upon a time, not that many years ago. My town is 1000 people. Next town over is 1000 people. Next town down from that is 1000 people, etc.

But let's say this. It's fine w/me if they go ahead & close your PO since you have no use for it, wherever it is you live. I don't really care how far you have to drive 3-4x annually. I don't feel the same about our Chebanse PO. So as others have often pointed out...don't close mine please. Yes, that is selfish but apparently I use the services & you don't. Of course, you are going to triumph anyway since they are closing smaller POs as we talk. Down here we all know that the "good old days" are numbered.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)