AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help w/ Corn nutrition program and fertigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nd_ag_guy
Posted 4/20/2014 07:31 (#3826289)
Subject: Help w/ Corn nutrition program and fertigation

East Central North Dakota
My yield goals are 250 bushels per acre, and this my first year raising corn under pivot. My previous crop was soybeans. My soils are very loamy type soils (3.8% OM) with high CEC's and a ph of 7.7. My soil tests indicate the following nutrient levels are:

N: 0-6": 5 lbs./ac., 6-24": 12 lbs./ac.,
P: 12 ppm
K: 215 ppm,
S 0-6": 22 lbs. ac. and 6-24": 132 lbs./ac.
Mg: 1135 ppm
Ca: 4813 ppm
Na: 44 ppm

I am thinking about broadcasting 50% of my N up front which is 240 pounds of urea, 100 pounds of AMS, 150 pounds of MAP, 50 pounds of Potash. I will be applying 5 gallons of 6-24-6 w/ quart of zinc and other micros. From there I will have to put about 400 pounds of 28% on via spoon feeding nitrogen through the pivot. I plan on putting the 28% in four separate fertigation applications. Is it fine to put on 100 lbs of 28% (28 lbs. of actual N) per application? Can I put The timing of these applications will depend on tissue tests, but I plan on putting on the N at V4, V7, V10, and right after pollination. Also, I will be putting on 30 lbs of ATS with one of these fertigation applications if needed. I will be putting Z, Mn, B, and K on at V4 through foliar feeding by broadcasting with a sprayer.

Can I apply any micros through the pivot of does it have to be with foliar feeding, in furrow, or preplant broadcast?

Sorry for the long detailed post packed w/ a lot of questions, but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)