AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it just me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/21/2014 06:03 (#3828145 - in reply to #3827727)
Subject: RE: The devil is in the details . . .

central - east central Minnesota -

white shadow - 4/20/2014 21:10 Tara, I hear your point. I guess I say if we have to divert areas were the Oglala is the shallowest lets get started on the diversion, let's lay some pipe. The Trans Canada pipeline just east of me that runs close to Chad H runs right through some glacial till that has a water table on the surface in spots and is as permeable as soil gets, plus close to some pretty outstanding walleye fishing lakes. Water is a precious resource that needs protecting above and below ground. I just believe in the power of engineering. We build pipelines on perma frost for crying out loud. Perma frost is some of the most environmentally fragile ecosystems in existence. This pipeline differs from thousands others,---only in the capacity it has become politicized with Obama looking for a win over republicans rather than looking for a solution so yes I disagree with u that it is very easy for me in this instance to blame a political party. Half of his own party are disgusted in him stopping the project Friday. Tara, there is risk in every thing we do. From crossing the street in every day life to using science to feed a continuing growing world and middle class. All we can do is manage the risk the best we can, and when companies and science fails in managing risk--------enter stage right LAWYERS.

It's political, in some part . . ..  but - as I pointed out, if they wanted a pipeline, the proposers could have easily taken another route and had oil pumping by now. So - don't just throw politics under the bus . . . . it's much, much more involved - the general public doesn't get to know the devil/details . . . . . . 

Edited by iseedit 4/21/2014 06:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)