AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Calls of the Marketing Year So Far
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 4/19/2014 20:43 (#3825641 - in reply to #3825122)
Subject: Not sure I'm in the bear's camp just yet...

I may have moved some inventory and priced a little for 14... but I'm not ready to throw my hat into the Bear's camp.

For example I toured planting conditions this morning on the 4 wheeler.. golly.. we don't really have any moisture in the top.. 4" to 6" to speak of.. on the strip tilled.. Some are pre-watering just to have moisture to plant into.. to start this next week.  Not me.. I'm "all in" on this coming weather system.. if I don't get it.. then..???  Guess that puts me "all out" of luck.

I was able to drive the 4 wheeler through the BOTTOM of a tail water pit that usually has some water in it.. First time I ever saw it dry was only a couple of years ago.. fall of 2011..??  First time in my lifetime.. since we put It in.  We worked on pivot tracks this afternoon.. breezy but not outrageous.. spent a lot of time digging the dust out of your eyes.. and worked on what would normally be mud.. bottom of pivot tracks..

I've got a bad feeling.. eerily similar to this post..   http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=418921&posts=13#M3348425 about how things are looking.. ???  So.. maybe we get the rain (just like last time.. usually when I start posting.. "we're all gonna die.."  Then things get better.. but.. golly gone to the well already too many times...???

This drought thingy is really getting old.

Still love this song though.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NQ48j8Fu5Q

Yal it will work out.. and if not.. "we'll always think it should have." 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)