AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nighttime pictures of burning setaside ground.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/19/2014 06:49 (#3824617)
Subject: Nighttime pictures of burning setaside ground.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I farm some ground that part of the farm is in the government 10 year set aside program. Every 10 years they make you burn off the old grass. This is the second time this has been done, meaning it was done after year 10 and now year 20. It has been re-enlisted for another 10 so it will be another ten years before this occurs again, This is mainly switch grass which is excellent pheasant nesting ground. On a good year you will literally see hundreds of pheasants in there in the fall, especially the later the falls get, I think they fly in from miles and miles around :-).

The local volunteer fire dept. is asked & have volunteered to take charge of this controlled burning. This 20 acre set aside field is 1/2 mile long and I disc ripped along the East side you see and the field along the far North side was disc ripped last fall also. The west side has a grass drive way and mostly a soybean stubble field. A highway goes along the south side. I thought it was a little breezy to burn it but they did an excellent job keeping it under control. They lit it on the north side & let the fire burn into the wind which was coming from the SE.

I wish I had wiped off my lens on my smartphone as the pictures seemed to be fuzzy, I need to do that more often, keep forgetting :-(.

Pictures are coming just might take awhile to upload.

edit;
Sorry guys, I'm having issues with my computer this morning. I've got 9 pictures I'm trying to download but it won't process it for me. I did a test on it last night in the Test forum and it worked perfect. I was just to tired so thought I'd just do it this morning. Guess I should've kept going last night :-). Here is a link to the Test forum from last night. Maybe I'll try later today sometime.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=470848&mid=382...

Edited by IowaMark 4/19/2014 12:39

(2586.jpg)

(2587.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2586.jpg (58KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments 2587.jpg (72KB - 87 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)