AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8300 frame cracked (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd9600
Posted 4/18/2014 20:07 (#3824056)
Subject: JD 8300 frame cracked (pics)

ecsd

Well i bought an 8300 from a scalper from Iowa, my first mistake. He bought it from a guy in Missouri, I know I should have known better. Any way I got it home and there was an oil leak. So I took the bottom plate off so I could get to the drive shaft, the one that goes from the engine to the transmission. I get it off and it is the top driveshaft. So I call my local mechanic and he comes and gets it. While putting in the new seal he sees that the frame is cracked. It was cracked and welded. Well on this tractor you have to pull the fuel tank off to get to the outside of the frame to weld it. Well to get the fuel tank off the cab has to come off. When they welded it before they only welded it from the inside of the frame so they didn't have to remove the cab and fuel tank. Well one of the welds is cracked too. My mechanic said that he thought it would be better to get a new frame. He went to price a new one and found out they have an update, so they must of had trouble with the frames on these tractors. JD wants $4,600+ for a new frame, so we went with a used frame from a salvage yard. We magnafluxed the used frame to make sure this frame isn't cracked also. Be sure to check the frames on your 8000's for cracks.

(IMAG0013.jpg)

(IMAG0012.jpg)

(frame.jpg)

(2014-04-17 11.05.06.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMAG0013.jpg (109KB - 130 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0012.jpg (114KB - 112 downloads)
Attachments frame.jpg (130KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments 2014-04-17 11.05.06.jpg (85KB - 121 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)