AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conditioning spray water
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 4/18/2014 08:02 (#3823106)
Subject: Conditioning spray water

N.W. Ohio
I use the water from my farm pond to do my crop spraying. Usually get pretty good weed kill, occasionally I have a dissapointment in control. Got me to wondering if maybe my water needed to be conditioned for better herbicide efficiency at times. Anyways, I took a water sample to our local water system conditioner installer and he ran a test and here are the results.....Ph- 7.7, Iron- .1ppm , Hardness- 9 grains/gallon (which I think converts to 154ppm), Nitrate- low, My chemical supplier tells me that the 7.7ph is kind of high and that as a general rule 5.5ph is better for spraying. Looks like the hardness falls under "moderately hard". So, would adding AMS help lower the ph in this water? what about the hardness? And how much would I need to add to make a difference? I have always added AMS when spraying glyphosate. Some of the chemistry I use: Corn.... Corvus,Atrazine,Glyphosate. Soybeans..... 24D Ester, Glyphosate(burndown), Authority XL, Generic Flexstar, Generic Select. (raise all Non Gmo soybeans) Generally spray 15-20 GPA with AI nozzels,(single & twin) some times with flat fans. I know there are a lot of well versed posters on here when it comes to chemical application. Thanks in advance for all replies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)