AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feedlots in Ohio?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ronm
Posted 4/15/2014 21:43 (#3818822 - in reply to #3818751)
Subject: RE: Feedlots in Ohio?

Fruita CO
He lives somewhere in Ohio-runs some sort of processing business, apparently...no idea what his definition of feedlot is...

example of his wisdom...

"When was the last time you fed anybody? You harvest your corn with a 500,000.00 combine and a 250,000.00 tractor pulling a 100,000.00 grain wagon, then you load it into your 300,000.00 dollar large car and go and then you dump it at the local elevator, or around here at the shipping ports and you drive away. Even you should know that it's not food yet and will take a lot of processing and packaging and transporting and refrigeration and people to stock the shelves. If it were not for those that do 90% of the processing your corn would just rot.There's a lot of people in the production of food that you and xxxxxx look down on as if we were migrant workers.

xxxxxx, you said a mouthful, you just contribute a raw material that takes millions of dollars of infrastructure to make it an editable product. All of which is paid for by income and taxed just like any other business. And to top it all they survive without any subsidies or crop loss insurance and and direct payments, disaster insurance.

As far as what I do? Well your raw materials would rot if not for an army of folks like me that process it into a salable product that the stores can sell.

I'd like to see a rancher actually produce edible food and serve it out in that desert. Same as where I live, have a grain farmer produce an editable product at his farm. ROFLMAO

I would not quite go as far as pass judgement, but bringing to light what you in the business are getting away with is public record. Even the National and State farming organizations are trying to come up with plan's to ween y'all off the free money.

I asked a simple question before about what the taxable value of your ranch or farm is per acre.......Is it that you just don't know or you too ashamed to state the amount you pay per acre. xxxxxxx even ran from that one. I can spend a little time and tell what it is, if you don't know where to find it online.

In my local they are even scrambling to come up with a fix for polluting our water with all these chemicals that the Big M has got everyone flooding their fields with. It's already to the point that the cities are spending millions of dollars per year more because of it and they claim whatever these compounds are they are resistant to normal water purification processes. Just who do you farmers and ranchers think are getting stuck with that bill. The farmers are not paying it."

Edit: added quotes for the "impaired"...this is NOT my opinion...

Edited by ronm 4/16/2014 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)