AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Takeover of Bundy ranch for solar farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 4/12/2014 15:04 (#3811485 - in reply to #3810457)
Subject: RE: Takeover of Bundy ranch for solar farm

North End I-15
Enough blame to go around on both sides .

I see people who have leases on State ground . After 40 years or so they seem to think they own the land . (renters) Several cases in this area of buildings , Grain bins built on state land to help hold leases . Law says the lease holder is entitled to compensation for improvements made to property . Fences , Buildings , Soil fertility , etc. when the lease comes up for renewal , the current lease holder has the right to match all bids . If the current lease holder refuses new lease , then the negotiating begins as to value of existing improvements which have to be paid to the prior lease holder .

Been cases where the rent was jumped by bid to unrealistic levels . I think the state people have realized that 25 to 33 percent of an honest share will beat a 50% share of a failed crop . Lease holders crop never yields near as well as yields on their own land . For example . I say I will give you a 50% crop share , Your crop only made 25 bushels of wheat . But mine made 60 bu. right next to it . Another ploy is your barley was feed , mine was malt . Your wheat was low falling numbers , low protein , Mine right next to it was all 14% # 1 wheat . yours was feed grade .
Yup , lots of ways to beat the system.

Back to the topic . When Bundy quit paying his lease he shot him self in the foot . Does not really leave him much of a legal leg to stand on.

Then to , the Feds have a responsibility to act responsible . Which in fact they have a terrible record of doing...... Ruby Ridge , Waco to name two of recent memory .

It seems like Big Brother and it's profiteering Senators , Congressmen ,Big Business take precedence to the common man.

Been going on for ever .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)