AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easy way to save some money and relax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/11/2014 03:23 (#3809060 - in reply to #3807602)
Subject: RE: Easy way to save some money and relax

I haven't seen the musical live, but I have seen the movie at the theater when I did a Tour de Germany by bike at 16, and I have the DVD and the CD too. The Milos Forman movie has aged a bit since 1979 but it is still very enjoyable. The music however has not aged a bit and is still as great as it was then.

Here's the most iconic song, Let The Sunshine In, when George Berger switched place with the drafted Claude Bukowski at the barracks so he could see his girlfriend one last time before leaving, and so embarks by mistake to Vietnam[spoiler], never to return[/spoiler].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNrqc6yvTU (over 11 million views)
I listened to several other recordings of the musical, but the soundtrack of the movie is really the best by far.

Here is the CD I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjz7gxo8k4
Notable songs are Aquarius, Manchester England, Walking in Space, Ain't Got No, Three-Five-Zero-Zero, Good Morning Starshine and of course the eponymous Hair. And the finale. Everything really! ;)

The song Aquarius is also a very iconic one, I read the late Marylin Ferguson's 1980 book "Conspiracy of the Aquarius," (or "Children of the Aquarius" in the French edition,) which is when I discovered this fascinating New Age thing from America. For those who don't know or forgot where the term New Age came from, it refers to Earth's axial precession, formerly known as precession of the equinoxes. Basically, because Earth rotates slowly on its axis, the Sun does not always rise in the same constellation. Because the precession has a cycle of 26,000 years, it basically means that every 2,170 years, the Sun rises in a different constellation of the zodiac. The birth of Christ coincided with the sunrise shifting from the Aries to the Pisces constellation, which some say is the reason why the fish is symbolically important in the Christian religion, and the Sun is now rising in the Aquarius constellation, at least as far as astrologists are concerned, because they divide the zodiac in 12 same-sized signs, hence the "Age of Aquarius" or "New Age". Astronomically speaking, Pisces is a very long constellation so we'll still be "fishing" for a few more centuries before the Sun rises in the actual Aquarius constellation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession

The movie marked me too, as not long after I was considering being conscience objector, but ended up doing my military service in Germany instead, because it was "only" one year instead of two for objector. A complete waste of one year of my youth, and a waste for the Military too I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)