AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody from Nevada, is this for real?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

littlejohn
Posted 4/8/2014 08:11 (#3803814 - in reply to #3803529)
Subject: RE: Anybody from Nevada, is this for real?

Are you saying that if I have two non adjacent pastures and a water well on only one, it would ok for me to allow my cattle to pass through your intervening wheat field if you don't have it fenced? From about 1996 until 2011, I ran cattle on 60 acres of grass that did not belong to me and did not pay rent because the owners did not care to put a fence between us. In 2011, the land was sold and broken out to plant wheat. I then put up a fence. Do unto others.....

A Message to Friends of Cliven Bundy and the BLM
Posted on November 21, 2013 by Terri Robertson

Cliven Bundy and his family are kind and wonderful people. It is hard to understand that he truly does not believe that he is doing anything wrong. The fact that Mr. Bundy illegally grazes his cattle in Gold Butte is all a part of the culture that he believes in and perpetuates. Mr. Bundy does not consider the United States of America to have any jurisdiction over him. When he calls Gold Butte his ranch, he actually deems it so.

Mr. Bundy’s quote, ”Federal rangers have no jurisdiction or authority, no policing power or arresting power.”, is indicative of how he feels about federal laws and those that enforce them. It is how he feels about citizens that support BLM and enforcing laws that require Mr. Bundy to remove his cattle from Gold Butte.

Allotments in the Gold Butte region have been closed to grazing since 1994. Families with legal grazing rights in the Gold Butte area were compensated to relinquish those grazing rights. Mr. Bundy and others that believe in the “state’s rights” theory reject the federal laws that no longer allow grazing in Gold Butte. Not believing in a law does not give you permission to disobey the law.

Fifteen years is a long time to wait for the grazing laws affecting Gold Butte to be upheld. Gold Butte and the citizens who love and appreciate the area deserve better. Mr. Bundy has drawn a line around Gold Butte and has declared it his compound. He is ready to defend his compound and hopes it will not come to using force. My hope is that all the rational people will see Mr. Bundy for who he truly is. His irrational and unrealistic thought processes have been in charge for too long.

Please gently and kindly remove the illegal cattle from Gold Butte. Mr. Bundy is not able to follow the law and he will now have to pay for it.

http://letstalknevada.com/message-friends-cliven-bundy-blm/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)