AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best pressure regulator when running JD rate controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/19/2014 10:26 (#3762962 - in reply to #3762768)
Subject: RE: Best pressure regulator when running JD rate controller?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think your problem might be related to "returning the excess to agitation". If you are attempting to use bypass control the excess should go back to the top of the tank or the inlet to the pump. The agitation should be separate and controlled by a separate valve on the outlet of the pump. If you are trying to return the excess back through the agitation line there is back pressure due to the product in the tank and possibly orifices in the agitation line. Returning to an area of no back pressure should give better results.

Many spray setups use inline control where the control valve directly controls the amount getting to the flowmeter and then to the ground. The plumbing is less complex. When using a centrifugal pump there is no danger in restricting the output. If you are using a positive displacement pump such as a roller pump then the bypass control above would be needed as the product must flow somewhere.

A ball style control valve could work for you but I suspect you would have the same problem due to back pressure unless you change the plumbing. The ability to shut off completely is not a big issue as the section valves are used to stop the product flow in any sprayer I've worked with.

Edited by tedbear 3/19/2014 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)