AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old Dairy Barn to Shop Conversion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmer8920
Posted 3/16/2014 22:56 (#3758434)
Subject: Old Dairy Barn to Shop Conversion

Central, WI
Looking for some help on this.....I have 2 old dairy barn designs similar to the first picture (36' x 80') and 1 like the second ( 40'x 60'). Foundations are built with large field stones cemented together, barn it structurally sound, and I would just have to fill in the gutters with concrete. All 3 of these barns have hills in the middle that used to be for driving up into the center hay loft.

Since I don't use these barn any longer and still paying tax on them yearly I would like to convert one of these to a shop instead of building an entirely new building with a higher tax bill as a result, that is if it can be done for a reasonable price compared to a new pole building shop. I plan to remove 1 end hay loft and the center hay loft and use that for shop area. I would save the furthest hay loft or two for a possibly shop area someday. I'm looking at a shop with a door that is a 16' tall x 24' wide and inside ceiling height of 18', but those numbers could vary if need be.

Anyone have experience with this type of conversion and know of anyone in Central WI that has experience and could at least modify the structural portions?

(Old Dairy Barn 2.jpg)

(Old Dairy Barn.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Old Dairy Barn 2.jpg (29KB - 854 downloads)
Attachments Old Dairy Barn.jpg (7KB - 817 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)