AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Merritt Hopper Trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 2/12/2014 09:48 (#3684110 - in reply to #3684018)
Subject: Re: Merritt Hopper Trailer

Dearfield Co.
Wow guys------------------I had serial number 2 of the millenema trailer. I wouldn't buy on under any circumstance as they were junk new and since have been discontinued as far as
I know. The concept was excellent for them to buy a wilson and reengineer it where the flaw came from is the welders and fab people. a majority were women that went thru a quick welding program and that was it. The air rides were the worst due to all the small gussets that the trailer needed. Those had cold welds and wold just come unhooked even though the weld bead looked intact. I had a driver unhook from mine and pull out from under it and the whole upper coupler fell on the ground none of the welds on it had stuck either. We loaded it on a step deck with 2 wreckers at $175 per hour plus $4.35 per mile and hauled it back to Denver and had to pay to get it unloaded . I throw a fir and got number 230 something and took it home to sell basically . I had the trailer for 2 years trying to sell it and recoup some of my losses when I had to pull it and it came apart on the back end letting one axle drift back into the other putting a ton of rear steer into the trailer . I had it taken to a welding shop tacked back together and got the thing unloaded and it went to Taylor and Martin. If you study the dealers who sold these things almost all of them went to 3 dealers in western KS and they all went primarily to farmers. most of them have trade the trailers off lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)