AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recently just had our 1st child: Next up, Life insurance! Help please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Itchy
Posted 2/3/2014 10:01 (#3659042 - in reply to #3659006)
Subject: Re: Recently just had our 1st child: Next up, Life insurance! Help please!

SW Iowa
No, I am telling it like it is.
Crop insurance, health insurance, property insurance all are necessary evils in the payment world (well crop insurance is optional).

But life ins is a business for others to profit from your fears of the unknown life ending events of which, what arre the odds of dropping dead or in a life ending accident, ever happen? Especially if you and your family are healthy and taking care of yourself? 1 in 10,000? 1 in 100,000? I don't know, but those insurance companies sure do, and that is how they make their money, on the odds. And if the payoff(s), such as a natural disaster) gets too large such that it could threaten their company solvency, they go BK, and to H with you! Don't be a patsy. If you feel you must, get a very small, whole life policy on your kid and figure on it being a tax free gift to them until they have to start picking the premiums up, but I sure wouldn't go whole hog like a lot of the posters above recommend.

And this Dave Ramsey character has been BK once, walking away from $1 million in real estate bank debt...Do you want to follow his advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)