AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recently just had our 1st child: Next up, Life insurance! Help please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 2/3/2014 09:16 (#3658945 - in reply to #3658913)
Subject: RE: Recently just had our 1st child: Next up, Life insurance! Help please!

Mid-Michigan
gene_champ - 2/3/2014 09:02

unless you will rely on the child to produce income you need, forget life insurance on a child. insurance salesman capitalize on a new parents' desire to do the right thing. they make a ton on money on commissions at a time when the parents most need that money for a business or living expense. if you lost a child, all the insurance in the world wouldn't make you feel any better.

they tell you the insurance is for a college fund, but don't tell you the fund is for their kids, not yours. that is because they will get a lot of what you pay in commissions every year.

You are absolutely correct. That's why I am somewhat confused with some of the comments here. The original poster said life insurance, not health insurance. I'm sure the life insurance salesmen were very happy when some of these guys came in the door. You can put your money in a lot better places than life insurance (as I said earlier). Insure yourself (your wife and kids will need the help in case your dead). After that start investing money for your kids (especially college).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)