AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New shop placement...need your advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

warpspeed
Posted 11/24/2013 08:22 (#3465474 - in reply to #3464591)
Subject: Re: New shop placement...need your advice.

SW Ohio
The stick building was bought from a local lumberyard and assembled by a amish crew they contract, it was a lil' over built with OSB on all the roof and walls. The other was built by a local guy that just builds barns & has his own crew.
I'm thinking that this is a big enough barn for a built in office, that would be alot of extra expense.

Those are 18' to the eaves, 16' doors except the end doors are 18' tall. I really feel that is enough for "here" even that 9760 with tall extensions clears the 16'. I know guys are pushing 20' eaves but I don't forsee any equipment that big "here", and I'd rather have more square footage than height.

Problem with behind the house, thats where the leach field is. We CAN put a entrance over there though.

Disadvantage to south-It will take up to 4' of fill dirt (slopes north to south), and will have to immediatly tear down a barn, and probably no pull thru bays, no south doors.
Disadvantage to east- Will likely be in the way of adding more than 1 bin in the row, and fan noise will be annoying (fans are going east/northeast), further from house/security.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)