AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planter folding kits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 11/23/2013 20:15 (#3464702 - in reply to #3464535)
Subject: Re: planter folding kits

Owensville, MO
I was in your shoes 4 years ago. Looking for an 8RN with keldermann fold and had trouble coming up with a nice one so I figured I would buya nice planter and have the fold installed. Price for the kit then was $4000 and they would come put it on your planter for an additional $1000. After looking them over good I would highly recommend having them do the install. I found some really nice planters in the $4-5000 range but $9-10,000 was a little out of my price range. I kept looking and found a planter in Kansas with the fold already on it for $2500. Units were in great shape but the box and hoses were shot. Then I found another in Illinois That had a one year old box on it and had been shedded but the units were completely wore out for $1500. I did some running around but ended up with a pretty nice planter for right at $5000 and i have a bunch of spare parts. I do like the fold, 8 row planter is 11'6" going down the road. I can fold it to go from field to field in under 2 minutes. couple minutes more if i'm going on the road.

I found both of them on tractorhouse but I have not looked lately to see if there are any on there. Mine will probably be for sale after planting next spring. Thinking about going to a 12 row.

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)