AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eastern NC, Delmarva
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RickB
Posted 11/23/2013 17:14 (#3464290)
Subject: Eastern NC, Delmarva

Lincoln County. NC
Came back home from visiting our daughter late this week, on the RT 17 bypass around Elizabeth City NC there are two large grain storage facilities, one east of the highway and one west. Both have what this NY boy would call an impressive set of bins, to say the least. The group on the east side has what appears to be a huge pile covered by white plastic. I suppose this is temporary corn storage? Probably a few hundred feet long and quite high. Looks to be enough to go a long ways towards re-filling the guy's existing bins, not that he would. I've been over this route twice before and not seen anything like it, but have read here about bagging corn and have seen photos of grain piled near elevators & such.

Also, did I pass any NAT'ers along RT 17 in NC & lower VA , or along RT13 and RT113 on the penninsula?
We saw everything from cotton & beans still out, a little standing corn, to two or three guys drilling (wheat?) and a couple guys doing deep tillage. Interesting ride through an area with more & better looking farmland than I expected the first time through.

Edited by RickB 11/23/2013 17:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)