AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedding (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 6/20/2013 05:29 (#3164316 - in reply to #3164174)
Subject: RE: Tedding (pics)

NE Iowa
I now have tedder envy. Always wanted a Krone but the deal on the Sitrex (M&W paint / decals) was too good to pass up. If you could take a pic for me of the "mechanism" that changes for tedding the outside round. About 10 years ago there were no tedders in my area also. Neighbor bought a used 2 rotor tedder. I rented it from him once and I quickly got my own. Now there are a bunch of tedders in my area. Tedders are relatively cheap and don't burn much fuel tedding. I would rather spend a few $$$ tedding than have rained on hay or go through $400 barrels of preservative. Try tedding right after mowing sometime. I used to ted the morning after cutting but now usually just chase the mower with the tedder. Also, if the weather is perfect and great drying sometimes I don't ted the whole field. Sometimes I just hit the corners and the center to spred bunches or maybe the outside round also. Some guys may not think that's necessary but when you have odd shaped fields like a triangle no matter how you mow you have bunches in the corners.

Edited by 17821x 6/20/2013 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)