AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2000 hagie sts 12 problems?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 6/16/2013 22:18 (#3158960 - in reply to #3158899)
Subject: Re: 2000 hagie sts 12 problems?

Nwmo
I had never heard of the sts having auto steer problems, the only thing I know of is you can't put steering wheel mounted auto pilot systems on any of them. The early sts sprayers had weak frames and they supposedly went back and welded a bunch of gussets on them. There is a picture floating around of a sts folded up from breaking in half while going across the field. The bushings just wear out, I don't know about an sts but on my 2100 which is totally different I get about 150-200 hrs before they look a little sloppy. However I have taken mine out after I thought they were bad and put a micrometer on them and I haven't seen one worn more than .004 on each side. The Hagie techs stick a zip tie up in there and try to tell you if its worn out and so far I have zero confidence any of them can really tell whats going on in there from that little hat trick, seems to depend more on whether they want to tackle the job than anything. On mine its not hard to change them at all once you have done it a few times and you get the right tools, but sts bushing are pressed in and I think its quite a bit more involved. Plus I think I remember them saying inner legs don't last but for a couple sets of bushings. I know money is a factor but if I were you I would look for at least a 2004 year, those had the fold down engine cover that was also plastic so it didn't rust like the old metal ones. 2005 I think is when they went to there own cab instead of the New Holland cab, Hagie's is a little bigger and the door opens wider to get in it. Late 2006 to 2007 is when they went to load sense hydraulics instead of open center which is a huge deal in my mind and maybe why they did have if any trouble with auto steer systems on the earlier ones.

Good Luck,
Devin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)