AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you had to pick, suspended cab or suspended axle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 5/19/2013 17:18 (#3105746 - in reply to #3105661)
Subject: RE: fendts?

Wi

mick - 5/19/2013 15:02 Did the older fendts have a decent suspension or just the new one, older, I mean the 7xx and 800 first series. also can the large single tires on the fendt put the traction to the ground or is there a lot of slip on wetter ground.

Older style ones still had decent suspension yes. They offered an air ride cab or a spring ride style cab with hydraulic absorbers.  They also only had the straight axle on the 900 series of that style, the 900s are now IFS but the smaller ones are not.  The X5 cab is a big improvement but I never had an issue with the older ones either. Some felt the controls were confusing, I didn't think they were terrible. But it was a smaller cab, not terrible though.

Large singles generally get better traction with less compaction.  That along with the fact the 900s can't be set to 60" spacings are the reasons you see a lot of the larger tires. They are much nicer for roading as well and the ride is very nice.  Theres a few running around with 520 duals but not many. We would run them for winter traction, but otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to not get the large tires on one. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)