AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sto review of v sets/integra/yetter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 5/19/2013 10:09 (#3105113)
Subject: sto review of v sets/integra/yetter

ecmn
i run 300 acres for myself and dad and put in 150 acres of corn for a nieghbor. my beans are 75% no till into corn stubble. 90% of corn ground is worked. for an operation my size it is hard to justify the money i spent on the planter this year. but over a 5 year period of seed/fertilizer savings, time savings and chemical savings it will pay for itself many times over.

first off i got the simple pin adjust shark tooth row cleaners from yetter. they work and work well, take a few minutes to get them set at the desired aggeressiveness and they do what they are suppose to do. they have held up to a lot of rock impacts with zero troubles. i like them!

V sets. DISCLAIMER: if you like your finger units then keep them. I was excellent at setting up finger units but still was not 100% happy with them in corn when planting many varietys of seed. for soybeans i used the john deere dribble cups, the pp soybean meters paid for the meters in 1 year with the savings in soybean seed cost.
i have a john deere 7000 8/30 planter, the complete vacuum kit and meter conversion on a normal planter could be done in an afternoon, they have nice heavy brackets to mount the vacuum blower and then run the tube across the bar. the flow adjuster that comes with the kit is very easy to dial in the psi right where you want it.

set vacuum at 20psi and started planting, had lots of doubles and zero skips, so i dialed down the vacuum until the skips and doubles were sitting between zero and 1%. at that same vacuum setting i planted 15 different seeds from 6 different companys and all but 1 the skips and doubles were pretty consistant at 0-1%. i put a bag in each row and ran until the first row went empty then compared how close they were. all rows were about as close as close could be. very happy with the v sets in corn.

soybeans i am more then happy, with my dribble cups from deere i would have 20,000 or more difference in population from one row to the next. with the precision meters i never really saw more then 10k difference. by the time 1 row was empty the other 7 were moments from being empty. with dribble cups at 8 acres 1 row would be empty and other 7 had from zero to a couple ice cream pails. with the pp i could go 10 acres and they are all the same!

agleader integra!!! i am using the integra to run the seed monitoring, liquid in furrow and hydraulic planting drive. I am using the cheap 1500 reciever and manual steering. first thing i ran the monitor on is broad casting. i used it for simple guidence. saved me days! literally days. with the broad cast spreaders i used to get fertilizer for 1 field and then spread across that field, at other side if there is any left then you shut the gate some and split the difference and start back across the field. or on no tilled ground count rows at the head lands. with the integra they brought out a full spreader and i ran across 4 fields, on the last field in the last pass the cart ran empty. so i only had to get 1 refill. not wait for 10 refills.

on the planter this tool is priceless. on the liquid i spent some time in the yard dialing it in. when it said it put out 2 quarts i would collect that into pails and measure it, and after some time it put out 2 quarts. put in 20 acres worth of fertilizer and pretty much at 19.8 acres it ran out. swath control is turning it off and on at the head lands so there is no switch for me to turn on and off and forget at the headlands.

controling the seeding. again a little calibration in the yard and then put in 42 acres worth of seed, at acre 41 i had to stop to sweep seed down in hoppers. i probably could have made 42?! the hydraulic drive is a blessing. i carried chains with incase i had a break down. lol! so nice to simply lift and go to the next field and not worry about wheel chains, or simple change population with a couple touches on the screen to the exact number i wanted not go back and find a gear ratio close. never had to worry about a clutch, transmission chain or wheel chain problem.

had a marker get into a fight with a tree, or go in for refill or lunch and loose mark or in no till i didnt even use the markers, simply use the AB lines and light bar with some old fashioned tree guidence to get some straight lines. after the tree incident i planted 100 acres of corn for a customer with only 1 marker. put in 110 acres of no till beans with no markers and i am not following last years corn rows, from end to end i cross over and back about 3 rows.

when dividing up a larger field into smaller ones i simply shot a line going up the one side, then traveld across the headland to where our normal boundry was, but followed the guidence line down instead of the old weed line.
this integra has helped me out so much this spring in so many little ways i havent expected i cant say enough how much i love it! all i can say is wow! 100% i will have row clutchs and a basic steering system next year.

Edited by easymoney 5/19/2013 10:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)