AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

please help!!! x-20 topcon monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

finch
Posted 5/5/2013 07:52 (#3080825)
Subject: please help!!! x-20 topcon monitor

liberty grove
I am in need of somebody that can fix my monitor-- the touch screen does not work, you cant get the arrow to follow-- Or if any body has got a used one or a new one for sale
thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CB In The Cab
Posted 5/5/2013 08:24 (#3080890 - in reply to #3080825)
Subject: Re: please help!!! x-20 topcon monitor

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing
<p>Ag Express might be able to help. In the meantime, you can always hook up a corded or cordless mouse (with dongle) to run the display.</p>

Edited by CB In The Cab 5/5/2013 08:24
finch
Posted 5/5/2013 08:48 (#3080947 - in reply to #3080890)

liberty grove
I did try that yesterday, but I am on the understanding I have to go in an disalble the touch screen- and that where i have a problem. I cant seem to get in and click on the appropriat tab to do that. Or am I missing something? I would not have a problem with runnning it this way, at least I could use it. Was told yesterday It would be 2 weeks to send it in and get repaired- really cant do that.
If there is a way to get in and use the mouse and key board I would love any input
thanks Kenny
701-640-0136
outbackjack
Posted 5/5/2013 09:02 (#3080987 - in reply to #3080947)

You should be able to use a wired mouse without disabling the touchscreen,I do this regularly.USB keyboard will also plug straight in,can also use the round connector at the back,PS2 I think?I have a new screen I would sell but am in Australia.
finch
Posted 5/5/2013 12:02 (#3081312 - in reply to #3080987)

liberty grove
thanks for the replies, but I can not seem to get the "arrow" to move even with the wired mouse hooked up- it always want to stay and go to the center of the screen. mouse moves it a little but then goes right back to the center of screen
thanks
mackfarm
Posted 5/6/2013 19:13 (#3083931 - in reply to #3080825)

The screen probably has a slight bit of damage (form someone hitting screen with pointy object) or a bit of dirt between the outer layer and the internal sensors. This can cause it to think that you're touching the screen all the time therefore interfering with other attempts to control it. Something that's worked for me before is to "pull" the screen gently away from the sensor plate beneath it (worked on an x15, never tried it on an x20). Simply take a piece of electrical tape and tape it to the center of the screen in a t shape to create a small pull tab. Pull GENTLY on the tape to slightly pull the screen outward, then release it and see if the screen has improved. If anything this may allow you enough control to permanently disable the touchscreen allowing you to at least run it with a peripheral device. Good luck, it's a field fix!
waterbottle
Posted 5/8/2013 04:09 (#3086312 - in reply to #3080825)

South Australia
faulty batch over the last few years. Someone at topcon put silicon in the air vents and the screens cook themselves. You will need a keyboard and using it get into the control panel then mouse and pointer options then use the tab and enter key to get into one of the top taps where it gives you a pull down menu to select which pointing hardware you want to alter (only one there if you unplug your mouse) then tab to properties down the bottom of the page, it comes up with another pull down menu giving you the option to disable the device. Then your normal mouse should work. Make alot of noise about this problem as this is a manufacturing error and should be covered (atleast in part by topcon),
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)