AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House vent/ awning question. pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 5/2/2013 21:54 (#3076765 - in reply to #3075189)
Subject: RE: House vent/ awning question. pic

Floyd County, Iowa
From my experience in the business, I'd be inclined to look at the caulking around the window, and where the brick sets on the angle iron brickledge.
With brick veneer, there should be caulking between the window and everything it touches (bricks and brickledge), and between the brick and everything it touches (window and brickledge).
Highly unlikely water is coming in soffit vents, as well as between separate window components.
The window components were assembled at the millworks plant, and unless they were damaged somehow during installation (it would take a lot of abuse), I've never seen a mullion (window adjoinment) leak.
You didn't lose shingles or a ridgecap, allowing water to enter the roof and run down the wall to the top of the round top, did you? Just a possibility to look at.
As I look at the pic, I see that the bricks are butted up to the soffit panels. It's possible that water blew between the brick and the soffit, as the frieze moulding (the part that gets fastened to the wall and then the soffit slides into it) is normally applied to the face of the siding or shimmed out to allow the flat face to be caulked to the brick. Still unlikely leak, but possible.
I'm leaning toward the iron brickledge not being caulked where it joins the underside of the bricks, and possibly between the window and bricks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)