AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile 835
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 4/4/2013 13:45 (#3012717)
Subject: Versatile 835

WC MN
Hey guys. I have done some searching here on these and they are generally regarded as good machines according to NAT. I am looking at an '80 with roughly 6700 hours. Condition is fair to good with 1/2 the rubber replaced a few years back. It's bareback and some slop in the center. I realize they are "slow" in road gear but I only have 5 miles between two farms so road time isn't much of a concern.

What's a reasonable price?
According to previous threads, it is recommended to change the rods and mains every 3k. Current owner knows of no engine repairs. Do you do it right away? Is it really "necessary"?
How are the cabs compared to an xx86 IH? Louder, quieter, more or less comfortable?
Anything else to inspect for when taking a look at it? I only have pictures and it looks above average paint. Center pin? Hydraulic leaks? Cracked castings?

I am planning on pulling a 32 ft FC and a 15 shank 15' chisel plow. I pull both with my 7230 mag and have no problems so this should be a walk in the park for the 835. I am just trying to free up the magnum from doing double duty this spring with digging and planting. I have less than 800 acres so it's hard to justify anything larger and/or nicer. This is kind of a stretch but the price seems right. It'll probably stick around for a while unless things change so I want to get something half way decent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)