AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical connections and fuse help in 1486
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tippmann98
Posted 4/4/2013 11:19 (#3012494)
Subject: Electrical connections and fuse help in 1486

The digital data center wasn't working in my '79 1486 when I bought it. I took apart this inline fuse and noticed it was missing a fuse. I took one of those 30 amp fuses and swapped it in but it was just a little too long for the inline connector to snap together. I went to TSC and bought an assortment of fuses and found one that fit and now the data center lights up and works. But I'd feel better if I knew I had the correct fuse in there. Also can anyone tell me what that black connector is for?

The RPM, MPH and PTO speed gauges are all zeroed out but the exhaust gas temp gauge is constantly changing numbers with the key turned on but tractor off. The EGT wires were unhooked so I screwed them in but I don't know which wire goes where. I tried both ways but the gauge still doesn't work correctly. Which way is correct and also does this mean my EGT sending unit is at fault?

And last can anyone tell me what those 4 fuses correlate to? 

I bought the operators manual and the iH Blue Ribbon chassis manual but neither are too much help for a beginner like me. Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Tippmann98 4/8/2013 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)