AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can someone educate me on Case forkllifts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trailcutter
Posted 4/4/2013 20:24 (#3013363 - in reply to #3011877)
Subject: RE: can someone educate me on Case forkllifts

WC MO
i'll try to add some history....Case has been making rough-terrain forklifts as long as they've made loader/backhoes. Beginning roughly 1959, forklift became an adaptation of the L/B base tractor, before that a rear-wheel steer wheel loader was used. The Harlo Company provided design assistance with the mast and the conversion of the base tractor.
As others have noted, the F/L has the same drivetrain as the equivalent generation L/B, thus they are 4-speed partial synchro with a torque converter and power shuttle.
in any given generation, there are multiple models. Take the C-series as example; models 584C, 585C & 586C made from '77-81. The 4, 5, & 6 are capacity in 1000's pounds, but it isnt quite that simple. All models had various optional masts, some 2-section and some 3-section. The mast size plays into the actual load capacity of the unit such that a 585C with a 21' mast cannot lift 5000 lbs to 21'; it lifts 5000 to 12', 4000 to 15' and 2500 to 21'.
There were B, C, D, E and E-series 2 forklifts. when the L/B's went to K-series, the F/L's went to G-series and later updated to series-2 then series-3. An E-series or newer would be the more desirable of the older models because it offered optional 4wd and had the CDC engine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)